We offer financial assistance to patients who received care that was medically necessary and are uninsured or underinsured and meet certain financial criteria.
Eligibility requirements are based on multiple factors (care required, insurance coverage, other sources of income, Federal Poverty Level guidelines, family size, assets and residency in Ravalli County, unless services were for emergency care).
- Full financial assistance is granted based on income equal to or less than 100% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Partial assistance may be granted based on income between 100% and 200% of the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines.
- Financial Assistance may range from a full fee waiver, discounted cost for services or not approved for assistance, depending on your financial situation.
- Complete the Patient Financial Assistance Application Form (PDF). Hard copies are available in our Patient Financial Services Department, 1200 Westwood Drive, Hamilton, MT 59840.
- Submit completed form and supporting documents to Patient Financial Services Department, 1200 Westwood Drive, Hamilton, MT 59840.
- Applications are reviewed and processed on a case-by-case basis and by committee. Financial Assistance is limited; therefore we adhere to our Financial Assistance policy to ensure that the most-eligible receive support.
- Approved applications are valid for six months. If the patient has services that require additional financial assistance and the application is more than six months old, a new application must be completed.
Please contact our Patient Account Representatives regarding payment options, financial assistance or to answer any questions: 406.375.4498.
Review our Financial Assistance Policy.
Billing and collection policy
Patients are responsible for their healthcare expenses. Bitterroot Health may deem it necessary to take collection action if payment or financial assistance application are not received. For more information, please read our Billing and Collection Policy.