JobsBack to jobs
See job details
Hospitalist opportunity in beautiful Hamilton, Montana!
BITTERROOT HEALTH VOTED "BITTERROOT'S BEST EMPLOYER"
Bitterroot Health is seeking a Board Certified /Board Eligible Hospitalist. This M.D. or D.O. will join our team of professionals to provide quality health care to adult patients. Responsibilities will include covering the adult inpatients and observation patients for all primary care physicians, admit unassigned patients through the Emergency Department, rounding on swing bed patients, and consults for surgical and specialty patients if there is a medical reason for a consult.
- Average total hospital census is 17.
- Round on swing bed patients, with an average census of 1.5 patients. Swing patients are seen two or more times per week. Patients are typically in swing bed status after acute stay for additional skilled care before going home.
- Hospitalists arrive by 8:00am and required to be in-house no less than 10 of the 24 hours of the shift.
- Shift coverage is from 7:00 AM to 7:00 AM.
- Nocturnist coverage is currently available and provided by advanced practice providers from 7 PM to 7 AM. During this time the physician provides on call coverage to support the nocturnist and be available for patient admissions and ICU response.
- A full-time physician will work 102, 24 hour shifts per year.
- In the morning a "second hospitalist" is available to assist from a call pool of primary care physicians participating in Hospital medicine.
- Telemedicine intensivists are available within the 5 bed ICU.
Qualifications, Education, Training and Experience
- Board Certification or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine; current Montana License preferred
- Must be capable of managing Critical Care patients
- Experience with central lines and ventilator management required
Benefits: This position is eligible for the full benefits package. Additional benefits include:
- $40,000 Signing and Relocation Bonus
- $1,500 Due and Subscription Allowance per year
- $3,500 CME Allowance per year with option to roll over one year within the contract term
- Student Loan Repayment
- Quality and Patient Satisfaction incentive compensation
About our organization:
Bitterroot Health is comprised of a critical access hospital and 13 outpatient clinics. The hospital provides on call coverage of Orthopedics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, General Surgery, Urology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, and Neurosurgery. Other services provided within the organization include Primary Care, Urgent Care, Interventional Pain, Dermatology, non-interventional Cardiology, ophthalmology, pain medicine, and ENT. In 2021 Bitterroot Health was recognized by the LOWN institute as the number one critical access hospital in Montana and the number four hospital in the United States based on overall social responsibility. The organization employs nearly 700 staff and provides services throughout the Bitterroot Valley with services offered in Darby, Hamilton, Corvallis, Victor, and Stevensville.
About our community:
Hamilton is located in southwestern Montana in the heart of the Bitterroot Valley, which lies between the Bitterroot Mountain Range and the Sapphire Mountains. Hamilton is the largest town and the county seat of Ravalli County with a population of about 45,000 people in the county. Hamilton is the perfect place to raise a family in a small-town atmosphere that still provides the amenities of a larger town. The Bitterroot Valley is perfect for individuals who enjoy hunting, fishing, hiking, skiing, golfing and snowmobiling. Montana is appropriately referred to as "The Treasure State" and Hamilton is one of Montana's finest treasures.
Bitterroot Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Friday, March 11, 2022
Open until filledApply for this job